Apple Cider Vinegar is a Superfood
I have taken it off and on for close to 10 years, especially during the 2 year period that I practiced being a vegetarian. I found that there were several apple cider vinegar benefits that helps with your health and fitness.
My apple cider vinegar cocktail contained one table spoon of vinegar in an 8 ounce glass of water with 1/2 teaspoon of honey to make the taste more palatable.
You must realize that apple cider vinegar is contains acetic acid in its natural state but when taken into the body it becomes alkaline. Your body is in its healthiest state when its ph is slightly alkaline. Apple cider vinegar can assist the body in attaining this alkaline state.
To get the most out of your vinegar you should purchase the organic, unfiltered type. It has suspended particles floating inside called "the mother". This is thought to be, by many, to give the vinegar its unique benefits. These are bits of apples that has been crushed during the process of making the vinegar.
Some Benefits of Taking Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Is great for dieting - It makes you feel full after drinking and only contains about 3 calories per tablespoon.
2. Can be used as an antiseptic - Cleans wounds and prevents the growth of pathogens. Can also treat nail fungus and ear infections.
3, Fights diabetes - It keeps blood sugar levels normal or may lower high blood sugar. Everyone should be conscious of their blood sugar levels to keep them in acceptable ranges. Check with your doctor if your blood sugar is high to see if its ok to take apple cider vinegar.
4. Is a natural cleaner - It has been used to clean table tops. If washing dishes by hand, a dash of apple cider vinegar help to clean them.
5. May improve heart health - Several risk factors of heart disease may lowered. High blood cholesterol and triglycerides are 2 of them. Others include smoking, diabetes etc.
6. There are some studies showing that consuming apple cider vinegar may have some affect on preventing some cancers.
When Consuming Apple Cider Vinegar
You should dilute it and use a straw, Also wash your mouth out with plain water. If you don't it will very quickly thin the enamel on your teeth. It cannot be replaced. Hot and cold foods will be painful to your teeth.
You must also make sure that you don't consume to much as it can cause digestive problems as well as bone loss.
Although this is a very good product, you must be cautious when taking it.
Try red tea detox to start your dieting. Get it here.